6 Tips to Fight Back Pain
Santo Domingo.-The main causes of neck or back pain are muscular contractures. Most of the time this is caused by poor posture, lack of exercises and may even be due to stress situations.
The pace of life that we carry and the long hours of work influence enormously. Therefore, achieving good elongation and strengthening the muscles around the spine is of great benefit.
The professionals of the Institute of Diagnosis and Metabolic Research (IDIM) of Argentina put together a guide of exercises and advice to take into account to alleviate the symptoms, were published by (www.neomundo.com.ar / Source: IDIM)
TO PREVENT BACK PAIN
• Do not lift anything by bending the body forward: an object should be raised by bending the knees.
• Keep your back straight and hold the object close to the body.
• Push instead of pulling when moving heavy objects.
• If the person has to sit for long periods, take breaks to stretch.
• Wear flat shoes or heels up to 2.5 cm high or less.
• Exercise regularly. An inactive lifestyle contributes to pain.
In addition it is recommended to use seats with backs or lumbar support straight, or to place a rolled up towel in the lower part of the back in case it must be handled or sitting for a long time.And use a stool to lift the feet.
Read Also : 7 TIPS BEFORE RECEIVING A MASSAGE
WHAT IS THE BEST POSITION TO SLEEP?
The best way to sleep is to cause less pain to the person. Usually most people have less pain if they sleep on their sides.You can also put a pillow between your knees.If the person sleeps on their back, they will have to put pillows under the knees and another under the lower back.Otherwise, if you sleep on your stomach use a pillow under your hips.Use a firm mattress. If it is too soft to use a wide board under the mattress.
WHAT EXERCISES NEED TO STRENGTHEN THE BACK?
There are some specific exercises that can be used to relieve back pain.
One is to gently stretch the muscles of it. This is achieved by lying on your back with your knees slightly bent and slowly lifting your left knee towards your chest. Push the lower back against the floor. Hold position for five seconds. Relax and repeat the exercise with your right knee.
Do ten of these exercises for each leg, alternating them.
It is also recommended to stay active in general. Swimming and walking in general are excellent exercises.
What can you do to feel relief from the pain in your lower back?
If the person sleeps on their back they can use pillows under their knees; If you do it sideways, you should use a pillow between your knees. It may take one or two days of rest. Rest for longer can cause the muscles to weaken and worsen the pain; Even if it hurts it is recommended to walk for a few minutes every hour.
WHAT NOT TO DO
• Avoid movements that require bending the spine as much as possible, both forward and backward.
• Avoid major stresses or abrupt spins.
• Avoid sudden or high-impact movements
• Avoid excessive weight lifting
• Avoid fatigue.
• Avoiding excessive exercise